This policy applies to the Company's employees, contractors, and officers.
The Company has a contract with all Data Processors that it uses in compliance with the GDPR, and ensures that all Data Processors are compliant with Data Protection Legislation.
The policy does not apply to third-party services. Information collected by third parties is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
This policy applies to Relevant Data received and processed only.
Information We Collect and Receive
Personal data related to your visit to our website and the purchase and use of our products
When you visit our Site, or purchase Products through the Sites or the Products, or use our products, PowerMyMac collects the following personal data through the collection forms in the ordering process or other processes.
- Personal information: Name, gender, age, email address, address, country, postal code, phone number, company name and industry you work for;
- Order information, such as the products you purchase, date and amount of the order;
- Information we get from your visit to our websites. We collect information about how you visit our websites (including the webpage that led you to our Sites, the search terms entered into a search engine which led you to our Sites);
- Information we get from your use of our products. We collect information about the products that you use and how you use them and your local device information, including but not limited to your device information, operating system, username, location, IP address, operating log information, crash reports and the information and format of the files you are working with (with your additional consent);
- Your product serial number;
- The content of customer support communications.
Personal data related to comments areas
When you decide to comment on a PowerMyMac product through the Sites or the Products, PowerMyMac collects the personal data as follows:
- Email address;
- Name or nickname;
- Profile photo;
- Other potential personal information provided by the user through its comment (age, location, etc.);
- The content of your comment.
Personal data related to newsletters and advertising emails
If a user subscribes to PowerMyMac's newsletter in order to be provided with information and news regarding PowerMyMac products, PowerMyMac only collects the following information that is provided by you.
- Email address;
- Name or nickname;
- Preferred product;
- Your operation to the promotional emails.
Collection Information from Children
We do not direct our website to children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a user who is under the age of thirteen, we will delete the information from our records. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide personal information through the Sites and/or Products without their permission.
We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide personal information through the Sites and/or Products without their permission.
Use of Your Personal Information
PowerMyMac may use the information that we collect about you to:
- Deliver services such as newsletters or products that you request or purchase;
- Solve your tech questions or recover your license code;
- Send you service-related information, such as confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, special offers, and other new services from PowerMyMac, if you required;
- To analyze and improve our software program;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience.
Third Parties' Applications and Products
Some third-party applications and services that work with us may ask for permission to access your information. Those applications will provide you with notice and request your consent in order to obtain such access or information. Please consider your selection of such applications and services, and your permissions, carefully.
Some third parties' embedded content or plugins on our Sites and/or Products, such as Facebook "Like" buttons, may allow their operators to learn that you have visited the Sites, and they may combine this knowledge with other data they have collected about your visits to other websites or online services that can identify you.
Data collected by third parties through these apps and plugins are subject to each parties’ own policies. We encourage you to read those policies and understand how other companies use your data.
PowerMyMac uses, processes, and stores information, as necessary to perform our contract with you, and based on our legitimate interests in order to provide the Products and Services. We rely on your consent to process information to send promotional emails and to place cookies on your devices. In some cases, PowerMyMac may process Personal Data pursuant to the legal obligation or to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
Individuals located in the European Economic Area (EEA) have certain rights with respect to their personal information, including the right to access, correct, or delete information we process through your use of the Sites, and/or Products. If you're a user based in the EEA, you can:
- Have your information corrected or deleted. You may ask us to correct information you think is inaccurate or completely delete all information that we hold about you by emailing:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access your personal data report by submitting a request at email@example.com. This report will include the information we have about you, provided to you in a structured, commonly used, and portable format.
- Object to us processing your personal data. It is your right to lodge an objection to the processing of your personal data by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org if you feel the "ground relating to your particular situation" apply. The only reasons we will be able to deny your request is if we can show compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override your interest, rights, and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
- You can ask us to stop using your information, including when we use your personal data to send you marketing emails. We only send marketing communications to users located in the EEA with your prior consent, and you may withdraw your consent at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link found within PowerMyMac emails and changing your contact preferences. Please note you will continue to receive transactional messages related to our Products, even if you unsubscribe from marketing emails.
- Complain to a regulator. If you're based in the EEA and think that we haven't complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
How to Contact Us